Monday, April 10, 2006

Quote Me!

Broadly speaking, the short words are the best, and the old words best of all.
Winston Churchill


As you have noticed, I always like to include a quote whenever I post. Sometimes I think that other people have said it better than I ever could.

Some of my favorite quotes are:

The greatest gift you and your partner can give your children is the example of an intimate, healthy, and loving relationship.
Barbara De Angelis

My parents had (and still have) probably the best example of a true marriage that I have ever seen. I only hope that I can begin to achieve the type of relationship that they have.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
Albert Einstein

Somewhere along the way I think that American education and its test, test, test mentality has bled all the joy and wonder out of learning.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
Mark Twain

Maybe that was true in Twain's day, but these days I wonder...

He who opens a school door, closes a prison.
Victor Hugo

I wish the American government would take this to heart and strive to spend as much money on educating its children as it does in housing its criminals!

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

I love Tolkien. There is a subtle wisdom in all that he wrote.

The age of your children is a key factor in how quickly you are served in a restaurant.
Erma Bombeck

My daughters have proven this theory time and time again!! Not only is age the key factor in how quickly you are served, but also where you are served!

And yes, I am only just beginning to learn the ins and outs of html, so forgive me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home