Monday, March 13, 2006

Inservice Introspect

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
Will Durant

Ever felt like an old dog? Boy did I ever today. I went to an inservice at my school regarding new reading research. Most of the teachers are these pert young things just out of college, and just entering grad school. They are all taking grad classes that offer the latest in research...all of which is scientifically based and carefully studied and assessed. Definitely not the whole language approach that I was taught back in the dark ages! I must admit, that while we were discussing the topic, I really felt out of touch. Whenever one of them would rattle of the latest acronym (and Education has a gazillion of them) I would have to stop and ask "What's that?" or "Does that stand for....?" However, at the same time it did make me look forward a bit to going back to school and getting my Masters. I guess that is why I went into education in the first place...a love of the continuum of learning, and the act of learning itself.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home