Sunday, July 23, 2006

Simple Things

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.
Laura Ingalls Wilder


Lately there has been way too much stress in my life. Unfortunately, I have been letting that stress get the best of me. So instead of ranting as I usually do, I decided to take a step back and think of the things that really matter in the long run. The simple things of life:

*a smile from the baby behind you in line at the grocery store

*a call from an old friend that you haven't heard from for awhile

*finding that dress that you just know makes you look awesome

*that dress on sale

*a hug from someone that tells you that you really do matter

*a cat's purr of contentment

*a dog putting his nose under your hand just asking to be petted

*discovering a beautiful blossom tucked into the corner of the garden

*the words "I love you Mommy"

*kindness from a stranger

*doing something kind for a stranger

*realizing the soothing strength of simple things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home