Friday, June 16, 2006

Jobless and Joyless

It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours.
Harry S. Truman

Well, as of Thursday I will be officially unemployed. 17 years of teaching, and now I can't find a job to save my life. The one set of interviews I DID have didn't pan out. Two rounds later, they decided to go with someone else. Most school districts won't even LOOK at me because I don't have an EdM, but how can I go back to school if I don't have a job to pay for it? The media says that there are all these teachers retiring, but what they don't tell you is that there are 10 teachers waiting in the wings vying for each job opening. And at my age, I've been around the block one time too many times. I'm either too expensive, or not educated enough (Doesn't experience count for anything!), or just not the right fit somehow. Maybe this is God's way of telling me that it is time to look for a new career, but I don't know what else I could do that wouldn't mean starting over at the entry level. All I DO know is that this really sucks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home