Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sleepless in Suburbia

If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep.
Dale Carnegie


It is now 4 a.m.in the morning and I can't sleep. Not sure if it because I didn't take the Adderall until late morning or if it is just stress. After all, my parents are here for a visit, I am still obsessing on my impending unemployment, and I have been feuding with PC all weekend. Spent the last two evenings chasing HyperBaby through restaurants, still waiting to hear the results from Friday's job interview. 27 districts and only one interview so far? What am I doing wrong? It would be a plum position though. Less than 15 minutes from home, and only a little more than $10K less than what I was making in California, instead of the almost $20K less that I am making now!

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

good luck getting the job you want. Thanks for stopping over to say hi. I will be visiting again.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Any word yet on the interview?

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Laury said...

Yeah. Two rounds of interviews and they decided to go with someone else. Damn. Most teachers around here are overeducated and underpaid. Seems like I am overexperienced and undereducated. (No EdM degree)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home