Monday, August 21, 2006

Remembrance: The 2,996 Project

In the context of September 11, there were so many that lost their lives that - how do you single out one person? There were so many acts of heroism that day from so many people.
Robert Mueller


Thanks to a site I sometimes visit, "Adventures in Parenting", I have now become involved in a wonderful idea ... the 2,966 Project. On Sept. 11, 2006, those of us who blog will each be commemorating the memory of someone who lost their life on that fateful day five years ago. I have been assigned a woman, Susan M. Clyne, who was the same age I am now when she died. Since I was living on the West Coast at the time, the whole event was somewhat surreal to me, unlike my neighbors here in the Boston area. However, I will do my best to honor her life and her memory.

Update: I have also volunteered to commorate a second person, a man, Jon S. Schimmel. I hope that these tributes will do justice to the memories of these two people who were well loved by so many.

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Blogger MrsGreenThumb said...

Good for you Laury, I was the 1996th person to sign up and my sister, motherkitty was the 2096th person to sign up. I hope they are able to enlist 2996 bloggers to accomplish this remembrance.

Congratulations on your new job, teaching takes a special person.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Laury said...

thanks about the job.! I am looking forward to the first day! I was the 2195th person.

Interesting side note. Being a hockey fan and a Kings fan, I noticed that Ace Bailey (scout for the Kings) had been assigned. I went to that blog and she's a hockey fan! Talk about fate, karma, etc. etc.

I am looking forward to reading all the tributes, though I think I might need to take out stock in Kleenex first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home