Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Heat Is On

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.
Russell Baker


UUGGHH! Unlike most people, I am NOT a big fan of summer. And today perfectly illustrates that fact. It is supposed to reach 102 degrees today, with a heat index of 113 degrees. All that and humidity levels hovering in the high 50 to low 60% level. It is already 90 dgrees, and it is only a few minutes after 10 o'clock! That kind of heat is just miserable. Sometimes it is downright dangerous.

Now don't get me wrong, there ARE things I love about summer...Time off from work. Homemade lemonade. Longer days. More activities in the evening hours. Popsicles. The Fourth of July. Concerts in the park. The beach.

But for now, I think I am really just longing for a good snowfall. Ah snow, glorious snow! (Then again, ask me in February how I feel about snow!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home