Tuesday, February 07, 2006

If This is the Game of Life...Then I am Losing

Why does a person even get up in the morning? You have breakfast, you floss your teeth so you'll have healthy gums in your old age, and then you get in your car and drive down I-10 and die. Life is so stupid I can't stand it.
Barbara Kingsolver


Ok. So I have a life. And by most accounts, some people would say I have a good one. So why am I not happy? Why do I feel so trapped? I feel utterly lost and alone. I was a single parent before...which was tough sometimes. But now, I am a single parent WITHOUT my support system. I have no way to escape my every day, day-to-day, dreary existance. I go to work...a job I am not altogether enthused about, come home, cook, try to clean, go to bed. Then get up and do the same thing the next day. I have no solace, no escape...things that an introvert like me desperately need. When will things get better? Will they at all?

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry...things WILL get better. Have faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home