Saturday, November 19, 2005

A.D.D. and Me

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up. - Mark Twain

My doctor has diagnosed me with adult A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder). Funny. I had never thought of myself as being A.D.D., but when I was rereading the symptoms it was like looking into a mirror. I have always felt a sense of failure and self inadequacy because I couldn't not be organized, was always a bit scattered, terribly messy. Of course, I cannot use this as an excuse for my failings, but at least I can live with the fact that they may be biological and not pyscho-emotional in nature. Will it make things easier? Or will it just complicate my already complicated life even more? Only time will tell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home