Thursday, January 12, 2006

Love and Regret

Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.
David Grayson


"I LOVE YOU." Three simple words, but three very powerful words. I need to say these words to the ones I love much more often. I don't want my heart to be filled with regret because I did not make the effort. My grandparents (all but Grandmom) are gone, and even though they knew how I felt, I probably did not let them know often enough. My oldest daughter struggles with the pressures and pitfalls of teen (Or in her case tween) angst. Too often she hears anger or frustration or disappointment coming through my words, then she does concern or love or support. I need to make a pact to let her know that she is loved. Prince Charming is free with his expressions of love and support to me, and I appreciate it more than I let on. However, I am sure that he can be just as needy as me, so I need to make a concentrated effort to reciprocate. Not because I should or have to, but because I want to. My parents and friends need to hear it from me too. Particularly now that I am isolated here on the East coast. So I guess this is my New Year's resolution for 2006. Probably a much better one than trying to lose weight or exercise more. Although those are probably worthwhile goals, I think this one is much more achievable, and has better end results! (Though a pair of size 6 jeans wouldn't be so bad either!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home