Sunday, November 20, 2005

Twixt and Tweens

No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I'm not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal. - Bill Cosby

Children (especially mine) never cease to amaze me. How is it that I can have a screaming whirling dervish on my hands one minute, and a sweet docile angel the next? How is it that a mere five year old can turn a household inside out and upside down? Or for that matter...a nine, eleven, thirteen, or fifteen year old? Their moods can switch on and off faster than the kitchen lights. And tweens...who invented them? Perhaps, it is God's way of getting us ready for teenagers. Now THAT is something I really dread. I was one once...and just the thought of seeing someone (or something) somewhat like myself at that stage actually scares me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home