Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Freak Accident

Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarrassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarrassment?
Tom Cruise


Earlier this evening, I was taking one of those preciously few breaks that harried mothers have, and escaped to the shower to linger under the flow of warm water and soap suds.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketSuddenly, my reverie is broken by the sounds of my two dogs howling in pain and my kids screaming for help. I raced down the stairs to find that, somehow, Baxter had not only gotten his lower jaw hooked around Daisy's collar, but also completely wrapped around it! He is shaking his head and yelping which only served to tighten the collar around Daisy.

I frantically tried to unbuckle her collar, but it was too tight and the hook was too near Baxter's jaw to allow me to get it loose. So I had one of the kids bring me a heavy duty pair of shears, and after trying to calm the two dogs long enough to slip the scissors under Daisy's now very tight collar, I managed to cut it off her. Just as well, I could hear her breaths getting pretty rattled.

Everyone, luckily, is no worse for the wear. Everyone, that is except for me. Much to my chagrin, I had performed the collar extrication in the living room. In front of two windows with the shades rolled up. You see, in my haste, I had come barreling out of the bathroom (and more precisely, the shower) and down the stairs at the first cries, both human and canine. So, the entire time, I was dripping wet, stark naked, and totally oblivious to everything but the plight of my poor pups!

Maybe no one noticed?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home