Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Threes

Nearly everything in life goes in threes and fours.
Ninette de Valois

I have heard the old wives tale that things (good or bad) come in threes. I sure hope not.

First, I found out that enrollment is down at my school, so they are cutting my position. Because I don't have tenure yet (I moved to a new district), I now have to look for a new job. Again.

Second, my mom is a two time breast cancer survivor. She went in for a check up, and her "markers" (not sure which ones she is talking about but they indicate the possible presence of cancer cells) were elevated. So she had a bone scan and breast scan. Both came back negative. So they did a PET scan because they were still concerned about the elevated levels. They found cancer in her liver. They don't know yet whether it metastasized from the breast cancer, or is a new primary cancer. She and my dad are taking a trip to see relatives in Europe, so she is going to have a biopsy done when she gets back. She lives in CA and now that I am in MA it feels SO far away!

So, now I am just waiting for number three to come along....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home